Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Bouchard: I didn`t deserve such treatment from the media

Eugenie Bouchard reached the second round of the US Open, after on Monday she won with 6:4, 6:3 over one of the local representatives Alison Riske. After the meeting the young Canadian tennis player, which on the eve of the race began working with Jimmy Connors, did not hide her satisfaction with the success.

"I knew that I had a positive balance against her and it helped me. But every game is different and knowing that she is a hard rival, I had to work with all. It was heavy and equivalent match, although we finished in two sets, "Bouchard said after the meeting.

"The victory means a lot to me. But I`m concentrated match predicted by fixed tips to match, I`ll not look forward to the tournament. I`m proud with my performance , but now I have the task to do well also in my next matches."

Asked about the faltering presents in previous months, Bouchard said: "I learned that the success in the Tour does not always come easily, as it has been last year. Last season was really successful for me, but just like any other player, I have to make great efforts to keep the level. All flew to criticize me. It was not easy, but I tried not to think about it and to go ahead. I understood well that the media should always have a story to write. I don`t think I deserved such treatment.
Now, compared to previous weeks, I feel much more inspired and motivated. To play at the US Open always helps. The crowd and the atmosphere on the court are unique, "said Bouchard.

No comments:

Post a Comment