Thursday, August 15, 2024

Live results football Neville on England`s defeat: I thought France was the favourite, but we played better in the 2nd half. Missed opportunity

Gary Neville spoke about the defeat of the England team by France in the quarter finals of the 2022 World Cup (1:2).

This feeling comes every four years. A depressed state, similar to a slight hangover, is what you feel the morning after your team is eliminated from the tournament.

I think the match turned out really good. Before the match I considered France the favorites, I thought they had a better team and lineup, but in fact as the game forecast by 11livescores progressed we did more than just match them.

In the second half it seemed to me that we were playing better, but in the first half the opponents were only good at times. We played sloppy, but I definitely think it was a missed opportunity. And I don`t want to be rude, but the players and Gareth [Southgate] will feel that way, given the work that has to be done to get to this stage of the tournament and knowing that it only happens once every four years.

England will think it was a huge missed opportunity. "The morning after the match, I`m even more confident about it than the night before - simply because it was that very moment, and it`s unknown when it will happen again, " said the former Manchester United and England player.






Neville on England`s defeat: I thought France was the favourite, but we played better in the 2nd half. Missed opportunity Live results football - more details and information: Live results football

No comments:

Post a Comment