Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Jose Mourinho let the referee evict Valencia

The Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho admitted he intentionally left Luis Antonio Valencia to be expelled during the control match adviced by 11livescores with Real Salt Lake tonight.
The British won with 2:1, but the defender was removed for a rude entry back against Sebastian Saucedo, who then left the stadium on crutches.
Alan Chapman went over to Mourinho and told him to replace Valencia or otherwise, he will kick him out, but in typical Portuguese style, he chose to leave his team shorthanded.
`The referee asked me to replace him but I didn`t because I wasn`t happy with the yellow card and the aggression of the boy injured in the second half. That is what happened. Some other actions, however, were also dangerous.`, explained Jose, who previously had seen Saucedo remove Juan Mata from the game with hitting his ankle.
`I understand the enthusiasm and ambition to perform well against Manchester United, but it is still a pre-season match. In addition, it was a good experience to play with a man down.`, he added as he commented and Romelu Lukaku`s first goal for the team.
`For me, it is not important, but it is nice that he scored. Anyway, I told him that I was pleased with his game whether he scores or not. The goal was just a single detail but I liked his performance a lot because he is a top striker and a complete player.`, said Mourinho.

No comments:

Post a Comment