Saturday, August 15, 2015

Wozniacki uprisings against WTA

The former world number one Caroline Wozniacki sharply criticized the WTA Women`s Tennis Association after her defeat by Belinda Bencic in the second round of the tournament in Toronto, because they forced her to participate, although she has recovering from injury.

"They are constantly repeat: We want athletes to be healthy, so in every tournament to play at the highest level, but actually we are constantly forced to play, even when we are not fully prepared, that`s not right. One week I did not train to be completely healthy. When I came out on the court I had no pain in my legs and back, but I had only one training. It is impossible to show the best of myself in this situation.

But the rules state that the tennis players from the top ten are required to play certain tournaments predicted by volleyball predictions and I was forced to participate. If you miss this tournament, a big fine is waiting for you and zero ranking points. At the same time I am not allowed to compete in small tournaments predicted by volleyball predictions in this part of the season, "complained Wozniacki quoted by Yahoo.

Caroline added that she has been part of the Board of the tennis players on WTA, but she left it, because they protested against these and similar rules, but nobody listened to them and nothing can be achieved.

No comments:

Post a Comment